Soapmaking Should Be Simple
Often, when we think about soap making, we think of it as being messy, time-consuming and more than we wish to take on. I mean, that imagery makes the simple act of grabbing some at the grocery pretty damn tempting. But what if I told you you could make quick & easy non-toxic soap?
Benefits to Making Your Own Soap
There are several benefits I can think of to taking ten minutes a few times a year to create soap.
- There is less waste involved.
- The ingredients are gentle on allergy-prone skin.
- The ingredients are safe and won’t cause cancer, reproductive issues, etc.
- It saves you money at 75 cents to $1.50 a bar depending on size (compared to commercial organic).
- It makes a great zero waste gift that everyone has a use for!
Quick & Easy Non-toxic Soap
Did you know that you can make your own moisturizing, beautifully scented soap in less than 10 minutes time? Free from harsh chemicals and ready to use in only an hour!
It starts with the purchase of a block of goat’s milk soap base that you can melt down in a microwave or on the stove. Then you add some moisturizing oil, honey and essential oils of your choice . . . pour it in your mold AND Voila! One hour in the fridge will result in your own collection of handmade soaps, safe and effective for your entire family’s soaping needs.
The Benefits of Adding Honey
There are great benefits to adding honey to your homemade soaps. Here are some of them:
- Honey acts as a natural moisturizing emollient.
- Honey is chock full of anti-oxidants that protect the skin from free radicals and aging.
- Honey is naturally antibacterial.
- The added sugar content of honey helps increase the lather.
What are some of your favorite homemade recipes for natural personal products?
Interested in accessing my vault of green mama information? Sign up here!